This awareness course is aimed at those individuals with a responsibility for either managing the risks of working at height, or for approving contractors. It will provide participants with an overview of the general principles
and risks involved including the requirements of the Regulations and the WAH consideration when using a range of equipment.
This course will enable attendees to interpret their responsibilities for managing Work at Height activities and to achieve statutory compliance by providing:
- An Introduction to the Work at Height Regulations 2005 (as amended).
- An understanding of the hierarchy of controls.
- An understanding of Fall Classification and Effect with examples of the types of equipment to prevent and minimise falls.
- An understanding of the types and inspection requirements of installed safety equipment.
- An appreciation of the different types of access equipment, its usage and inspection requirements.